When I was young, I would put them in my notebooks, bags, stationary and other stuff. And as time goes by, these stickers leveled up and become digital. These days, I sent stickers to my friends via mobile apps.
The one that I am using right now is KakaoTalk, a free mobile messenger application for smartphones with free text and free call features. It is available on iOS, Android, Bada OS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and PC.
I want to share some of the impressive key features of KakaoTalk that I found very useful:
(1) Group chat and multimedia sharing where users can create group chat rooms with an unlimited number of friends in KakaoTalk. KakaoTalk supports sharing of text, photos, videos, voice notes, contact information and schedules.
(2) Free 1:1 and group voice call as KakaoTalk offers both 1:1 and group voice calls with as many as five speakers. Features including Talking Tom and Talking Ben voice filters add fun and excitement to voice chat. KakaoTalk is also the worlds’ first to provide free group calls in HD quality.
(3) Animated/sound/still emoticons and themes: KakaoTalk is the first mobile instant messaging service to offer animated emoticons and stickers, which users can include in their chat bubbles. KakaoTalk offers tens of thousands of different emoticons, including localized digital content in Japan and Indonesia.
(4) Security that encrypts all messages to ensure user privacy and all messages are deleted from the servers after a minimal length of time.
(5) “Plus Friends” feature which is designed to allow users to select and receive content related to their favorite brands, companies, and stars. Connect with K-Pop stars such as CNBlue, Wonder Girls, Big Bang, Girls’ Generation and Super Junior. This feature is available in the Philippines and other countries. KakaoTalk is endorsed by Philippines’ pop princess Sarah Geronimo and Korea’s phenomenal boy band Big Bang.
Aside from the fact that KakaoTalk is free of charge, here are some other good news:
a. KakaoTalk is available on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Bada and PC.
b. It allows users to send messages, pictures, video, URLs, contact details and schedule.
c. Also supports voice call and group call with as much as 5 people.
d. Currently has over 100 million users, maximum daily traffic is 5.2 billion messages (as of early this year).
e. Programs of KakaoTalk plans to eventually add Pinoy stickers.
For more information about KakaoTalk, visit its official Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/kakaotalkph; Twitter account: www.twitter.com/kakaotalkph and YouTube channel : www.youtube.com/kakaotalkph.